Achievements

| On
Saturday, March 19, 2016
From the start of my journey to now I have lost a total of 22 pounds. I am officially the lowest weight that I have been since middle school, which is really sad if you think about it. In my last weigh-in I weighed 237.4 pounds. 237.4 pounds. That's still a huge number! Especially on a girl in her early teens. But, I'm going to focus on the positives. I'm making changes and trying to give myself the life I know I deserve. The best thing about this journey is how I feel. I notice the changes in my body and in my mental state from eating less and eating healthier food. I also notice the changes when I pig out of start to go to my old habits. I feel sluggish and weighed down. I like that I can notice these things now. It proves that I am actually changing as a person and that I'm changing my mindset on food.

So let's talk about this weight loss. How did I achieve it? I'd like to take all the credit, but I can't. After over 10 years of being obese and overweight I decided to consult my doctor and try to find a solution. I was experiencing scary health issues and I was afraid of them getting worse. Not to mention the incredibly scary family medical history I have. I asked my doctor if I could try an appetite suppressant. Now before you get your panties in a bunch, hear me out. I know that "weight loss pills" are usually NOT the answer to weight loss. However from my own experience once I start lowering my portion sizes, I notice a general decrease in my hunger. I attribute this to my stomach and my body getting used to consuming less amounts of food. Decreased appetite combined with lifestyle changes is guaranteed success! So before I started phentermine (the prescription appetite suppressant) I made sure to start changing my lifestyle. I told myself if I can make progress on my own and change the way I look at food, then and only then will I give this a shot. I cut my portions, ate healthier food, and started an exercise routine. Now I know your thinking, "Then why go on a pill?!" Honestly, I wanted to expedite my weight loss. In my personal case it is extremely important for me to lose weight as efficiently as possible. I was borderline pre-diabetic with a predisposition to many life threatening illnesses, some of which I started noticing symptoms. I can only imagine what kind of havoc my body is in after being obese for a majority of my life. I'm using phentermine as a tool to help expedite the weight loss I would already be achieving on my own.

With all that being said, I am incredibly proud of the success I have had. I hit my first goal, which was to be in the 230's. My next goal is to be 220 pounds. A number I haven't seen since I was 12 years old. This time is different and I can really feel it. I'm excited and I'm starting to see an actual healthy life in my future.


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9